Beginning a new school year is filled with hope and excitement for what adventures the new year might bring. However, after school starts, coursework, applying to college, and preparing for exams can make you feel more overwhelmed than hopeful. Here are 8 quotes to keep you inspired all year long.
1) “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.” Walt Disney
Even when things get hard, don’t give up. Sticking with a sport, instrument, or challenging subject may be the most rewarding thing you do.
2) “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” ~Coco Chanel
It can be hard to stand out in school. Find out what your passions are and what makes you unique and embrace them.
3) “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” ~Wayne Gretzky
If you never try, you will never fail, but you won’t succeed either. Use this school year to take risks and try something new.
4) “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” ~Colin Powell
It is important to have dreams and passion, it is also important to know what you need to do to achieve those dreams and passions. Some of the most rewarding accomplishments will take the most work.
5) “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” ~Muhammad Ali
As you approach the end of your senior year, it can be easy to count the days left. Don’t forget to make the most of your education and enjoy every day you have to learn and grow.
6) “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” ~Nelson Mandela
You can make a difference in the world. Be sure you are taking advantage of all the tools you are given.
7) “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” ~Chris Grosser
Search for opportunities. Network with people that interest you. Volunteer for a cause you care about. When you put effort into making opportunities, you will find a whole world open to you.
8) “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ~Maya Angelou
Be confident about who you are. High school and college are the perfect time to explore and discover what you love doing.
Stick with it, know who you are, be confident, make the most of every opportunity, love what you do, work hard; these are all themes some of the most successful and happy people cling to. Use these themes to stay inspired and glean all you can from your education.
Mr. Test Prep helps every type of student—yes, even the shy ones—maximize their score potential. A lot of shy kids find the scrutiny of full one-on-one tutoring to be too intense, but at my Sunnyvale SAT Prep center, I create a safe environment that is perfect for kids who find verbal participation to be stressful. By combining group testing, with targeted instruction, shy kids can get the help they need in a way that works for their personality. No more awkward silences. No more pushy tutors. Just lots of practice and the guidance of an experienced educator.